Seems like each time I find the time to update this thing, Johnny has gone up a size in clothes. I bought him 12 mo shorts this week!! When he went for his 4 month check up last month he was in the 90 percentile for weight, 75th for height. He's a BIG kid. He weighed right around 17 lbs then & I know he's much bigger now. That kid just grows like a weed. A real cute weed:

We have had so much fun the past few months. The hustle & bustle of work seems like a distant memory. :) I have about a bazillion pictures to share... so bear with me!
We had a birthday party at our house for my friend, Adrienne, at the end of May. I've been keeping her little girl, Storrie, a few days a week - so you will see her as a regular on the blog.
Here is Adrienne, Storrie & Dita (Krista) @ the party:
The boys (James, Doug & Dave). Why does everyone look so serious??
Rachael & Ruby:
I overheard Ruby telling Storrie that her hands were cold... So Storrie told her she could put her hands in the pocket of her hoodie. How SWEET!
Piper tries to eat pretty much anything... She would draw a little on the chalkboard, eat a little chalk, draw a little, taste the chalk. I think she gets that from Bella?
It was such a fun party... we have such great friends! It was pretty wild with kids running around everywhere. I think I described it the next day to mom as a "raging party". It's pretty funny as to how that definition has changed over the years.... I think I was in bed by 9:30 that night. LOL.
Can you tell Doug dressed Johnny on this day? Stripes & plaid with knee socks. Awe.some. That outfit made my astigmatism do funny things...
Walking to the park with Storrie. She is such a big help with Johnny! I told Adrienne & Dave that I decided Johnny needed to be 9 before we had anymore kids. It's definitely easier when she is around.
One of the challenges I've had is trying to figure out how to lug this big ole baby around... Here I am trying out Kristin's pack.
It worked pretty well so I got Colleen's old pack that she used for Garrett. He likes it because he can see what's going on.
I was babysitting Fisher & Piper a few weeks ago & had a pretty interesting time. About 2 seconds after Kristin walked out of the door, Johnny started screaming bloody murder. And he is NOT a fussy baby. I tried everything & nothing made him happy. I thought maybe his stomach hurt? I'll spare you the gory details of what all we tried to do in order to help his tummy. When I finally got him home... he bit on my finger & sure enough a tooth had broken through!! I thought teething came when they were older but apparently it can start around now. So Johnny officially has his first tooth. I'll try to take a picture, but it's kinda tricky.
Fisher was a really big help that day because Johnny was "freaking out". Here he is feeding Piper her bottle. So sweet!
Aaaand I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Already trying to drink Red Rocket! Johnny had a death grip on Doug's beer & was totally trying to drink it.
Here are a few pics from a trip to the park one day when I was babysitting Fisher & Storrie.
How hilarious is this picture?? And yes mom, I was on my way over to the stroller to get him a hat... I can hear what you were thinking...
Proof:
Johnny's first mohawk:
This past Tuesday was our friend Rachael's birthday. We went to the park to have a picnic & celebrate. Here are a few pics from that day.
Everyone eating homemade blueberry ice cream & cupcakes:
Spit bubbles!!
Somebody needs a nap!!
A rare moment of stillness. This picture was "for Papaw & Bella" - so he stood still for about .5 seconds for me to take it. Y'all should feel special.
Pipey seems to have a problem keeping her right shoe on:
Johnny's first time down a slide (actually a re-enactment of the first time):
Every time Piper went down the slide, it looked like she stuck her finger in a light socket. So of course we made her go down about 50 times so we could take pictures & giggle.
I just love the look of pure joy on their faces! LOVE these kids!
Kristin, The Picnic Tinker:
Whew. That was a load off my camera! I would say that I'll try to be better about updating this thing... but who am I kidding? ;) Hope you have enjoyed the pics!!
xoxo,
Carly























No comments:
Post a Comment