Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How Do You Like These Apples??


Wait, what?? I know what you're thinking.... It hasn't been a month & Johnny couldn't possibly be in the next size clothes.... So what is Carly doing writing another blog update?? That right, folks. I'm on top of it this week!

I figured it would be easier to just write quick updates more frequently than spend 2 or 3 hours writing one major one! So here we go...

We've had a pretty fun week! Saturday we all went hiking at Red Rock Canyon. It was a gorgeous day. I had gone to a pretty intense yoga class the night before & felt like my legs were going to fall off the whole time... but it was still lots of fun!

View of Garden of the Gods:

Yep, he's even got a fat roll on his big toe:
Doug officially freaking me out. Nagging immediately commenced with me demanding he get away from that rock with my baby:

His response:

Awesome.

Let's pretend in this one that I don't still look pregnant:
Bet you didn't realize we were still in the city?!

Johnny slept for most of the hike. He woke up at the end:


Sunday we had Kristin & James, Adrienne & Dave & kids over. We grilled out veggie burgers & made homemade peach ice cream! But I was too busy hosting to remember the camera. Gah! Oh well... Next time.

Sunday night I made brownies. Real brownies. You know, the good ones. With dairy, sugar, gluten AND chocolate! Johnny was up ALL night crying & whining. I thought it was the chocolate & in an oh-so-tired fit of exhaustion made Doug take them to work Monday morning & give them away! By 10 that morning Johnny was still screaming & then I saw this:


That's right people! Tooth #2 poking its way through. Once I realized it was a tooth, I gave him some of those homeopathic teething tablets & he was good to go. But alas, the brownies were gone. :( So I made double peanut butter cookies (peanut butter dough with peanut butter chips) last night to make up for it!

**I might add that I recently purchased a fabulously beautiful Kitchenaid Mixer. I think this may be an unfortunate development for the waistlines of everyone in my household!**


Here are a few from this morning. Morning time is my favorite. I get to wake up next to this squirming, smiling little bundle of joy:




Well that's it for now! Johnny & I are off to the Farmer's Market today!

xoxo,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment