Wow I can't believe it has taken me a MONTH to write a post on here!! And I can't believe my baby boy is already a month old!!! When I created this blog, I thought I would have SOOO much spare time while my baby was peacefully sleeping....Ha. He peacefully sleeps, however he must be sleeping on my chest! :) Kinda limits what you can do. The past few nights he has gone a few stretches sleeping on his back... we're making progress!
We are definitely getting into the swing of things. I've had what seems like a long recovery after the birth - I'm getting there. Still not 100% but feeling much better. One day I would like to write about my birthing experience, but it all ended a little too traumatically for me to want to revisit it just yet. So maybe later. :) I definitely don't regret having a home birth, but I doubt we will ever do that again. We got to see how scary it was to need the modern conveniences of a birthing center/hospital while being @ home. Not fun.
On the bright side, Johnny is doing great! He is such a little chubby guy. He's been packing on weight like a champ & it's getting harder to lug him around! But he is very healthy & that is all I ask. He has such a sweet temperament... And is a very easy baby. He pretty much just cries when he's hungry, needs a new diaper or wants to be held. I feel pretty lucky the universe took it easy on me this time...
I am so thankful for my family! They have made this sooo much easier than it could have been. Mom & Dad came out here for a few weeks to help out when he first came & to let me heal. And Kristin has been a life saver in helping me figure out what the hell I'm doing & providing some much needed grown up talk throughout the day. I don't understand how people do this without a ton of support from family! I would be lost.
So after my first month of motherhood, here are a few of my favorite things:
* baby snores (especially when they come while they are eating! That must be awesome - semi-napping while getting your belly full!)
* smiles when he's sleeping/eating/and yes, pooping
* a little face buried in my neck
* the noise that he makes while he's asleep that sounds like a goat (we REALLY need to try & get this on video... its super funny)
* a chubby little hand wrapped around my finger
* the 5 minute farting session when you lay him down on the changing table (as my brother-in-law, James, says - "I don't care who you are farts are funny." So true.)
And I could keep going & going.... :) But I'll leave you with some pictures from the last month. And I'll try to post another update before another month goes by!
xoxo,
Carly & Johnny
Days old with Daddy
Pipey & Johnny kicking it in the kitchen (just ignore the vacuum in the background)
Fisher LOVES Baby Johnny. Every time Piper walks up to him she pets his head & says "Pretty! Pretty!"
No comments:
Post a Comment