Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nesting!

All of you are aware we are about to add a new little chick to our nest here in the next few days... So I thought a blog would be a cool way to keep everyone from back home updated about life with a new little one!

We have been nesting up a storm (Doug too!) preparing for the little baby to arrive. Doug has repainted several rooms & the house is finally getting seriously decorated after 3 years of living here. :) About time I guess! Below are pics of some of our transformations...

First, for the nursery: Kristin came over & helped me put up these really cute owl decals. The room was already painted blue and since I *abhor* painting, we figured blue would be an excellent color for the nursery! If the baby turns out to have girl parts, then we are going to "chick it up" by adding in a lot of purple on the walls & bedding. Here are a few pics of the nursery:


Entryway


EVERY time I look at these I sing "three little birds, pitch by my doorstep, singing sweet songs, of melodies pure & true..." in my head.


I think we are going to put a bookshelf in the corner & paint grass & flowers & stuff by the bottom of the tree.


Now all we need is a sweet little baby!!!!

Most of you are aware we are having the baby at home. We have set up the spare bedroom as a birthing room. Since relaxing is very important, we've turned it into sort of a meditation room. Thought I would include a few pics of that too!





And what birthing room would be complete without a kiddie pool?!?!



We are just sitting around waiting for the little one to make it's debut! I'll definitely post an entry soon with pics of the baby's arrival!

xoxo,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment